Monday, April 4, 2011

Dead Wrong...in paper


My latest novel in the Vinnie Esposito series has made it into the paperback realm. I know many publishers and authors have given up on the paper market, but I have staunch readers who enjoy the feel and texture of paper. They refuse to give it it up for an electronic reader. I enjoy both paper and readers, but I must say an electronic reader is oh, so much more convenient. When I want a book, I download it instantly. No running to the store (several miles, for me) or waiting in line at the register... Every time one of my books makes a debut, I hold a tea party bash with free everything, except the books. I place an ad in the local papers, online and even in the church bulletin. People come in droves and we have a great time. Since the books come out in ebook form first, I generally make pdf copies so the buyers can download the story into their ereader. What if they share it? That's a chance I take and another matter altogether. But...back to paper. Don't you just love the texture of paper? I do, I have a stack of books that I'll never discard in any way, simply because I enjoy the books and read them over now and then, but also I like the feel of a book in my hands. I don't think paper will disappear entirely, not everyone can afford an ereader, but they will become an endangered species, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment