Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Rewards of Reading & Writing

As a writer, I don't get to read as much as I used to. I do, however, enjoy a good story just like everyone else does, so when a good book comes along, I drink it up as though I was parched in the dessert sun.
I belong to a writers group in RI. We meet on the first Saturday of every month, except in the summer when we have time off for two months. This month I had the chance to meet a new member, Jayne Omerod. Her new book comes out on the 10th of this month. I read the brief blurb on the back of the book mark she gave me and now I can't wait to read this book as well as the next one she has coming out. Gosh! I really can't wait, but will have to cool my jets, I guess.
Anyway...if you are a writer, an aspiring writer or are just curious about what writing groups do, find a group in your area, visit as a guest, and maybe you'll take the next step in your "I want to write" process. That's what got my engine running and I haven't been able to stop. (By the way...there is no finish line in writing, you just keep going.)
Jayne Omerod's book is "the Blond Leading the Blond", published by Avalon Books and her website is www.JayneOmerod.com
The rewards for reading and writing are great, especially when you get to hang out with like minded folks who are so talented. You also get to know about their books before anyone else does. What a treat!!!

1 comment:

  1. I was intrigued by the book blurb too! Can't wait for it to come out!!!

    ReplyDelete